Here we are at the end of the trip. I hope you have found them fun. Please keep checking into this blog – there are quite a lot of interesting things in the pipeline.
Now comes the very last set of answers. What you have to remember is that I found these on a newspaper cutting – probably one from the Kettering area – dated 22nd December 1886.
- Why is a list of musical composers like a saucepan? ….. Because it is incomplete without a Handel.
- When is a door not a door? ….. When it is a jar. Oh, no: that answer belongs to the first decade of the last century. Nowadays a door is not a door when it is a negress (an egress)
- What is the best thing to take before singing? ….. Breath.
- If a deaf and dumb couple got married why should they be supremely happy? ….. Because their bliss would be unspeakable.
- Why was Goliath very much astonished when David hit him with a stone? ….. Because such a thing never entered his head before.
Thanks for taking part in this bit of fun. I hope you got these last 5 right. If you feel up to it why not drop me a line telling me how many you got right or wrong. I won’t tell anyone – I promise!
Keep watching for other ‘strange’ bits.