How did you get on with last week’s set? Let’s see if you hit 5 out of five:
- Why is a psychological romance like the train of a celebrated actress? ….. Because its a tale (tail) of mystery (Miss Terry – a famous actress of the time)
- When are ladies like telegrams? ….. When their intelligence is in advance of the males (mails).
- What will give a cold, cure a cold, and pay the doctor? (remember this is 1886) ….. Draught
- When is a chair treated spitefully? ….. When you have it caned simply because it cannot bear you.
- Of what mountain range do the Muses remind you? ….. The ‘appy nine
Right let’s get on with the next five conundtums:
26. When is a woman to be treated with especial reverence?
27. When is iron the most ironical?
28. Why is it that summer goes so quickly?
29. Why is the figure nine like a peacock?
30. When are eyes not eyes?
That’s the lot for today. Have fun. We are now half way through the list – just another six weeks if you can stand it!