Welcome to week 4 of these 19th century conundrums
So how did last week’s challenges go?
Here are the answers
- Why is a penny trumpet like an inexpensive repast? ….. Because it’s a cheap dinner.
- Does an angel have one wing or two?….. That is a mere matter of opinion (a pinion)
- London was in flames what would put the fire out? ….. No one reel and hose. (really knows).
- If you caught sight of a fishing boat at sea, why would the experience be a painful one? ….. Because you would probably have a “smack” in your eye.
- With what song would you advertise a cure for deafness? ….. “Come back to Erin”. (‘earin’)
How did you do? Five right is great; actually having a go is pretty good. But whatever …. let’s have a look at the next five:
16. What sort of chair can you name in two letters?
17. What is the difference between a really beautiful girl and a wasp-waisted figure in a fashion plate?
18. Why can a female teetotaler use only external remedies for sickness?
19. Why is Jamaica on holiday like a bandy-leggeded man?
20. What is the difference between the Gibeonites and bedroom belongings?
As usual – have fun!!!!!!