So how did you get on with last week’s challenge? These are the answers:
6. Why is a convent like an empty house? ……… Because it is a nun inhabited place.
7. Why did Quintus Curtius jump into the gulf in the Forum? …… Because he thought it was a fine opening for a young man.
8. Why is the sun like an Irish marauder? ……… Because he is a moonlighter.
9. What is the difference between a quill pen and a pencil? ….. One is driven; one is lead (led).
10. How many sexes are there in England? ……… FIVE – Male-sex; Female-sex; Middle-sex; Es-sex; and Sus-sex.
Right lets move on to this weeks set of 5 – and remember, these were first posed on December 22nd 1886:
11. Does an angel have one wing or two?
12. Why is a penny trumpet like an inexpensive repast?
13. If London was in flames what would put the fire out?
14. If you caught sight of a fishing boat at sea, why would the experience be a painful one?
15. With what song would you advertise a cure for deafness?
Have fine – answers and 5 more conundrums next week.