I have recently found a set of conundrums that are from a newspaper – probably from the Kettering, Northants area dated December 22nd 1886. These are the first 5 – there are 60 in all. Answers next Friday with 5 more questions.
These are your first five:
- What three notes in Curwen’s musical notation would light up a drawing-room?
- Why is a bad cold a great humiliation?
- When is an arm-chair like a bride’s slipper?
- Why are an angry lover and a jilted maid like the implements of war?
- When is a milkman like the whale that swallowed Jonah?
As I said – answers and five more questions next Friday.